Started in 2013 as a contest organised solely by GlobeSailor to award the best of the best among its partners, it has since evolved and become a national contest to promote excellent boat rental practices. This year the contest reaches a new level as GlobeSailor joins forces with the biggest players in the sailing industry (such as Voile magazine, Paris Boat Show, the French Nautical Industry Federation, Vents de Mer) to promote excellency, environmental awareness and to celebrate the expertise of professional operators. By acknowledging innovative and successful companies in the sector, the aim is to also give a positive impetus to the profession and to highlight yacht charter within the sailing and maritime tourism scene, where realibilty and high quality service are crucial.
Participation in the competition is open to all charter operators or owners of a minimum of 8 managed, habitable sailboats or catamarans, and who also have at least one physical base location. These companies need to have been operating for at least 3 financial years. An application form can be sent on request.
3 Award Categories :
- Renters in Mainland France
- Renters in French Overseas Territories
- Renters from a special destination, this year Greece
For each category, many standards and services implemented by the professionals will be studied:
- Company profile (financial stability, turnover, number of employees, … )
- Quality and maintenance of the fleet (new models, equipment of the boats, .. )
- Services offered at the base
- Marketing and Customer Management (contract, price list, pictures, … )
- Previous clients opinions
- Sustainable and eco-friendly orientation
In order to elect the renter of the year, the judging panel will be made up of nautical experts.
The prize giving ceremony will be held on December 5th, at 2pm
at the Paris Boat Show “Nautic de Paris”.